Skip to main content

Week Twelve Reading Notes: The Hermit Cat

 


The story that I have chosen to write notes about is The Hermit Cat. This story is about a cat that has grown too old to catch his own prey. This story is from The Orient Pearls: Indian Folklore by Shovona Devi. This story is all about an old cat who has grown too weak to catch his own prey, so he pretends to be a pious, rule-following, and staunch pilgrim. He hopes that this will help him catch some mice to eat so that he won't have to work so hard. This story was a really good read even if it is not something I am planning to use in my own storybook. I really enjoyed reading this story, it was so fun and whimsical and a nice break from my regularly scheduled readings for the week. I am glad that I got the opportunity to read this story because it was a really good way to find more materials. 

Image information: prayer beads


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Women's Wrestling Coach and Future Teacher

  Introduction to a Women's Wrestling Coach and Future Teacher     Hey everyone! My name is Mikayla Chandler. I am a secondary language arts education major going into my senior year here at OU. In addition to being a full-time student, I am also in my first year of coaching wrestling. Although I am a coach on a team of boys and girls, I primarily focus on my attention on the ladies on the team. Although I chose to not wrestling in college, I spent the majority of my life around wrestling and was competitive from ages 10 to 18. I was born and raised here in Norman, so it has always been a dream of mine to obtain a degree from OU. I have one dog but would certainly love to get more. Her name is Verona and she is a Lab/Pitbull mix that showed up one day and never left. One of my major interests is in American Sign Language; I took two years in college and I wish I could afford to take more classes. I love knowing another language, it makes me feel more connected to the world. I just

Comment Wall

  Here is a link to my website:  The Animals of Indian Mythology Image Information:  Madhubani Painting

Week Four Story: The Bridge

      The bridge between the Mainland and Lanka is a magical sight. This is Rama's bridge. Although it has been thousands of years since the creation of the bridge connecting the two regions, the bridge is still used by many. People say it used to connect what is now Sri Lanka and India, the gorgeous limestone meets the rock and the earth so wonderfully. It is mostly a tourist spot now, but peoples say that the rocky islands were constructed by Nala, son of  Vishwakarman , the "divine artisan," in order to allow enemies to cross the ocean. This was allegedly demanded by the God of Ocean to keep things fair and reasonable. This small series of islands that create a land bridge between the two countries serves a special purpose in my life, however. I grew up along this land bridge, and I know more secrets of the bridge than many. I know what wars have been fought and won because of this bridge. I know of what Rama and Sita faced during the creation of this bridge, and the p