Skip to main content

Microfiction: Empty Chairs and Running Dogs

 


Drabble:

    And after a long day of laying around the house and chasing the neighbor, the brindle lab mix stretched out as if to say she worked hard today. She had accomplished a lot, despite what you might think. The overactive pup got in two naps, an hour of tug of war with her dad, and even threw up on her mom's new rug because she ate too fast after running as fast as she could along the fenceline. The mutt finally rests her head on her father's lap as she lets out a long puppy groan, "it ain't much, but it's honest work" the dog thinks to herself. 

6-Word Story: 

    Newly empty chairs haunt Christmas dinner

Authors Note:

    For my Drabble I was inspired by my dog, as per usual. She is seriously the light of my life and I do not know what I would do without her if anything happened to her. She also happens to be a very easy topic to write about, as she is sort of a clown. As for my 6-word story, I was inspired to write about something many people across this country are going to face this holiday season, unfortunately. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people will be without their loved ones. It can also be interpreted in the way that people will not be seeing their relatives this year due to safety measures. I know I personally cannot risk seeing a family member, an elderly relative, or a newborn, this holiday season without a guilty conscious. I think it is best everyone stay home this year, but of course, there is only so much we can do. That said, let me know what you think!

Image Information: Empty chairs at a table

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Women's Wrestling Coach and Future Teacher

  Introduction to a Women's Wrestling Coach and Future Teacher     Hey everyone! My name is Mikayla Chandler. I am a secondary language arts education major going into my senior year here at OU. In addition to being a full-time student, I am also in my first year of coaching wrestling. Although I am a coach on a team of boys and girls, I primarily focus on my attention on the ladies on the team. Although I chose to not wrestling in college, I spent the majority of my life around wrestling and was competitive from ages 10 to 18. I was born and raised here in Norman, so it has always been a dream of mine to obtain a degree from OU. I have one dog but would certainly love to get more. Her name is Verona and she is a Lab/Pitbull mix that showed up one day and never left. One of my major interests is in American Sign Language; I took two years in college and I wish I could afford to take more classes. I love knowing another language, it makes me feel more connected to the world. I just

Comment Wall

  Here is a link to my website:  The Animals of Indian Mythology Image Information:  Madhubani Painting

Week Four Story: The Bridge

      The bridge between the Mainland and Lanka is a magical sight. This is Rama's bridge. Although it has been thousands of years since the creation of the bridge connecting the two regions, the bridge is still used by many. People say it used to connect what is now Sri Lanka and India, the gorgeous limestone meets the rock and the earth so wonderfully. It is mostly a tourist spot now, but peoples say that the rocky islands were constructed by Nala, son of  Vishwakarman , the "divine artisan," in order to allow enemies to cross the ocean. This was allegedly demanded by the God of Ocean to keep things fair and reasonable. This small series of islands that create a land bridge between the two countries serves a special purpose in my life, however. I grew up along this land bridge, and I know more secrets of the bridge than many. I know what wars have been fought and won because of this bridge. I know of what Rama and Sita faced during the creation of this bridge, and the p